Thursday, January 22, 2009

6 Questions

Apply these 6 questions to yourself RIGHT NOW.

Then spend some time with them over the next several days. Once you can define them for YOURSELF, then approach an aria, a scene, or an entire opera with these same questions.

1. WHO AM I?
  • What is my present state of being?
  • How do I perceive myself?
  • What am I wearing?

2. WHAT ARE THE CIRCUMSTANCES?

  • What time is it? (The year, the season, the day? At what time does my selected life begin?)
  • Where am I? (In what city, neighborhood, building, and room do I find myself? Or in what landscape?)
  • What surrounds me? (The immediate landscape? The weather? The condition of the place and the objects in it?)
  • What are the immediate circumstances? (What has just happened, is happening? What do I expect or plan to happen next and later on?)

3. WHAT ARE MY RELATIONSHIPS?

  • How do I stand in relationship to the circumstances, the place, the objects, and the other people related to my circumstances?

4. WHAT DO I WANT?

  • What is my main objective? My immediate need or objective?

5. WHAT IS MY OBSTACLE?

  • What is in the way of what I want? How do I overcome it?

6. WHAT DO I DO TO GET WHAT I WANT?

  • How can I achieve my objective?
  • What's my behavior?
  • What are my actions?

No comments:

Post a Comment